NBA CONCLUDES MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING WITH LEADWAY ASSURANCE FOR ENHANCED BENEFITS; KICKSTARTS PILOT HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME WITH NHISDear Colleagues,
As part of the efforts of the leadership of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) in ensuring that the welfare of members of the association are taken care of, the leadership of the NBA has concluded a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Leadway Assurance Plc which enhances the insurance products and benefits for all financial members of the NBA.
Under this MOU, all lawyers who paid their BPF on or before 31st March 2021 can (at no extra cost to them) have access to the following:
1. N2Million as Life Insurance cover (this is a 100% increase from what used to be N1Million);
2. N1Million for any ailment that qualifies as *Critical Illness* under the policy (with a further N1Millon payable if the member unfortunately passes);
3. N1Million for *Accidental Permanent Disability* (with a further N1Millon if the member unfortunately passes);
4. N60,000 to cover any medical expenses related to accidents; and
5. Free *telemedicine access* for lawyers with medical doctors approved by Leadway.
Separately, the leadership of the NBA has advanced its negotiations with the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), to provide insurance cover at discounted rates, for members of the Association who subscribe to the scheme.
To kickstart the NBA-NHIS Health Insurance Scheme, the NBA will, as a part of the pilot phase, be paying the health insurance premium for 1,000 lawyers selected from all branches of the NBA by a team led by the Chairperson of each Branch.
Please find attached the guidelines for the selection of the 1,000 beneficiaries of the NBA-NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE (NBA-NHIS) PILOT SCHEME.
Further details on the *NBA-NHIS Pilot Scheme* will be made available soon.
*Dr. Rapulu Nduka*
Nigerian Bar Association
1 post • Page 1 of 1