On Wednesday, 16th of September 2020, the leadership of the Nigerian Bar Association, met with a delegation from the Law Officers Association of Nigeria (LOAN) led by its President and other National officers, to discuss issues affecting the welfare of the members of LOAN, and other matters connected thereto.
The NBA President - Mr. Olumide Akpata assured them of his intention to run an inclusive Bar and agreed to set up a presidential task force to discuss the issues raised at the meeting.
Some of the issues raised by LOAN includes:
1. Registration of LOAN as a Trade Union.
2. Harmonisation of the salaries of law officers with that of Magistrates in all the States of the Federation.
3. Exclusion of Law Officers from contesting for National offices within the NBA.
4. The issue of separate colour of NBA stamp for law officers.
5. NEC membership for Law Officers.
The NBA President promised that the NBA will take steps to revive the Law Officers Forum and will also ensure that the affairs of LOAN is given adequate attention by the NBA.
The NBA President further emphasised the need for capacity building and training of law officers.
*Dr. Rapulu Nduka*
Publicity Secretary, Nigerian Bar Association
1 post • Page 1 of 1